The Mondial Paris Motor Show has revealed the name of the winner of the first edition of its startup competition: WeProov.
After 5 days of intense competition, the Mondial Paris Motor Show has announced that WeProov is the winner of its competition dedicated to automobile innovation and the future of mobility. This international contest took place during Mondial.Tech, in collaboration with Startup Sesame, Deloitte, Fidal and many partners of the ecosystem. This French startup has won the First Prize in all categories competing against 478 other candidates from 53 countries.
Weproov offers a digital solution for insurance and automobile management professionals to digitalize and simplify the process of inventorying a vehicle’s condition. Created in 2016 by Alexandre Meyer, Gabriel Tissandier and Jean-Luc Manceron, the company has developed a technology which can generate visual and certified proof to establish remotely an inventory of a vehicle’s condition.
“We are delighted to have won this competition, particularly since we were able to stand out from hundreds of international startups. This award, delivered by a jury of experts in this sector, further legitimizes and confirms our product strategy and will allow us to accelerate our development. The event has already allowed us to meet future business partners who we would have taken months or years to reach otherwise.” explains Alexandre Meyer of WeProov.
As a reminder, here are the winners by category:
- Safety, automatization and cyber security (sponsored by Atos) – WeProov (France)
- Sustainable Mobility (sponsored by Transdev) – GoTo Mobility (Israel)
- Electrification & hybridization (sponsored by Magna International) – Silicon Mobility (France)
- Weight Reduction of Material (sponsored by Plastic Omnium) – Gazelle Tech (France)
- On-board comfort (sponsored by Faurecia) – Nanomade (France)
- Storage and energy systems (sponsored by Air Liquide) – EP Tender (France)
- Connectivity and ITS (sponsored by Alliance Renault Nissan Mitsubishi) – Parkbob (Austria)
- Industry 4.0 (sponsored by Nokia) – Arculus (Germany)
“First of all, I wish to congratulate WeProov for its first place in the competition but also the 7 other category winners as well as the 64 finalists who have all benefited this week from a rich B2B meeting program in our immersive demo zone ! A heartfelt thanks to the 478 participants, as well as to all the partners who have accompanied us this year to organise the biggest competition around automobile innovation and mobility in the World” says David Puech, Marketing and Development Manager of the Mondial Paris Motor Show.
“Organising this startup competition has been a real challenge because no one had ever initiated a project of such international magnitude in this sector before. This first edition has been very successful as we were able to rally around us experts of the ecosystem, both company leaders as well as investors. Furthermore, for the winners of each category as well as for WeProov, the adventure continues since they will enjoy a concrete collaboration with the sponsors of their categories. They will undoubtedly reach new heights very quickly!” he concludes.
The Show in numbers:
- 21, 584 professional participants
- 260 exhibitors
- 127 sessions (keynotes, discussion panels, expert reviews, presentation sessions, etc.)
- 68 guided tours for groups of 8 to 12 people
- 10 professional events hosted
- Tomorrow in Motion, October 1st
- Laval Virtual @Mondial.tech, from October 2 to 6
- Innovatech, day dedicated to Israeli automobile innovation, October 2
- CES Unveiled Paris 2018, Executive Forum On Innovation, October 3
- Instagram, the New Auto Playground, October 3
- Automotive Summit, October 4
- MonJob@FuturAuto, October 4
- Mondial Women, October 4
- The ANEA Congress ( the national alliance of Automobile Experts), October 4 and 5
- Auto-Mobility by Google, October 5
Mondial.tech also enjoyed an exceptional live coverage with 4.7 million views for 1.3 million people reached on social media (Source Union Metrics and Twitter).
Additionally , thanks to the partnership with Teads, the conference Tomorrow in Motion generated over 520,000 views in ½ day in 6 countries: France (BFMTV, Les Echos, Challenges, Le Parisien, 20Minutes…), the United States (The Washington Post, Newsweek, Slate, Chicago Tribune…), Japan (Business Insider, IS Media, Sankei.com,…), Germany (Tagesspiegel, Le Spiegel Online, Welt.de,…), China (South Chine Morning Post, AsiaOne…), the United Kingdom (The Independant, the Daily Mail…).